Friday, June 22, 2012

Hear ye, hear ye!

Ms. Pho is about to take over this blog in T-7 days!!

I am feeling all sorts of emotions as I await the adventures waiting for me in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.  Kind of nervous but definitely excited to see what Vietnam has in store for me. 

-Lesson plans have been complete. 
It took me about a month to put together 24 arts & crafts lesson plans. 
Some of the arts & crafts activities I have planned out are:
rainbow fish, paper portraits, butterfly mobile, hand print flowers, and hand and foot print turkey Can't wait to show you how they turn out. I've actually tried some of the crafts out with my class this year. So far, positive feedback from the kiddies!

-Shots & medications have been taken. 
Malaria is a serious problem in some parts of Vietnam. Though Ho Chi Minh City isn't listed as one of the problem areas, I will stay on the side of precaution. You never know... 

-Started getting essential items together to pack such as...
hand wipes, medication, ear plugs (heard HCM city can be quite noisy!), female products (last year's intern told me it's rather hard to find over there), and bug spray!
I am ALSO bringing a giant bottle of Avon's Skin So Soft (thanks to a generous and kind co-worker)... I heard works great with mosquitoes!!!

At the moment, I am  pondering which 10 essential clothing items I should bring.
It's going to be HOT,  HUMID, and RAINY in Vietnam.
Sounds fabulous doesn't it?
Gonna try to pack as light and COTTON-Y as possible. Haha.

Other than that, I am looking forward to meeting all of my students and going pho-shing for the best bowl in town. So please stay tuned!

XOXO,
Ms. Kimpop or shall I say
Ms. Pho? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Helen! Must feast on banh xeo @ Banh Xeo 46a! And def utilize tripadvisor + lonelyplanet for great resources on addresses/maps etc.! I want to travel to Penang for a food tour next, I'm sure you'll find HCM has incredible eats in store for you. Not just pho!

    ReplyDelete