Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Back to School for... Me!

Today, I returned to a my very dusty, furniture moved to all the wrong places, boxes everywhere, but NEWLY WAXED & SHINY FLOORED CLASSROOM!

The custodians in my school are really great. They do a great job of re-doing the floors every summer. Ms. Phantastic (my co-teacher) met me in the classroom and together we unpacked boxes, moved furniture back into all the right places, arranged the desks, ANDDDD got to some classroom decor!

Personally for me, the decoration part is what gets me most excited about back to school. I'm sure 98% of teachers would agree with me. We keep teacher stores in business! Especially during back to school time.

Confessions of Ms. Kimpop #1
I think about how I want to decorate my classroom all summer long, no scratch that.. all the time!!

The first couple of years of my teaching career, I definitely kept a consistent theme all year round but man, it gets tiring & costly to have bumble bees EVERYWHERE and you always are left with like 5 bumble bees from one year... 6 apples from another year so eventually you get to a school year when you gotta MIX all the decor together to make one nice... jungle/orchard/zoo. Haha.

This year is DEFINITELY the jungle/orchard/zoo year. We're putting up monkeys on our doors, name tags on the desks have book worms on em, and I used bumble bee trimming around our classroom bulletin boards.

Here are some pictures of our classroom that is about 85% done!





Looking forward to a brand new school year,
Ms. Kimpop

No comments:

Post a Comment