Thursday, July 26, 2012

GRADUATION!

Today, 159 students graduated from SEAMEO's Summer Fun program. All the students had caps and gowns with little white bows. How cute are they?!

I think every gown in the world should come with a bow tie! Haha. 

The auditorium was beautifully decorated with balloons & flowers. 

The ceremony started off with a welcome speech by the deputy of SEAMEO. Then we (the teachers) were called up on stage to receive certificates. Felt like I was graduating too... :). All the students received certifications as well. When all the paper work was handed out, the fun began!

My kiddies receiving certificates!

Each level performed a special song or skit, which they have been practicing all summer long~ It was really awesome seeing them perform on stage AND it made me realize that they have grown a lot this past month! I felt SO proud of them. 

Though it was a short time with them, 
seeing their little mouths mouth the words to songs such as...
Take me out to the ball game, 
Heal the World by Michael Jackson,
and act out plays such as...
The Ugly Duckling,
and The Shepherd Boy in English made me smile from ear to ear. 
The best part was that they were having a lot of fun as well. 

Doing the Hokey Pokey led by Dennis teacher. 

The students I've met this summer have REALLY TRULY grown on me and I will definitely miss them a lot! It was towards the end of work week #3 that I started thinking that I've fallen head over heels for my Vietnamese students. I will surely miss their cheerful "HELLO TECHA!!!" and smiles as I make my way back to New York City. 

Some of the artworks that the students produced over the past month were displayed throughout the auditorium and it's a great feeling to know that I helped create these projects. 





(all of us teachers would like to bring this cute little munchkin, JULIE back with us... 
not sure how her parents would feel about that, though :P) 

BUT, I don't have to start missing them YET because we still have 1 more work day tomorrow!

All the teachers of SEAMEO Summer Fun Program 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment