Monday, July 16, 2012

Half Time in Ho Chi Minh City

Today marks the beginning of the 3rd work week, which means that there are only 9 work days left.
It is officially HALF TIME! Can't believe it.

In the first 2 weeks,
I was having some trouble managing the kiddies and having them quiet and calm enough to follow my art lessons.
I found it especially harder to control the younger ones whose English proficiency is the lowest in the building.
But today, I saw a lot of progress in terms of them being able to follow rules & routines of the classroom.


As I walked into class today, something felt different.
The students seemed a little bit more welcoming and used to me.


Today I walked in and said,
"Good morning boys and girls" and they in reply say,

"GOOD MORNING MS. HELEN!!!!!"
(kiddies like to scream on top of their little lungs. i find my students here a lot more energetic than any other group of students I've ever had. it could be the sticky rice they eat for breakfast or perhaps its the crazy amount of milk they drink. students here drink milk like water! and if not milk, tea)

Anyways, the lessons went really well today and it gets me excited for the lessons to come this week.
Some of the projects that my students have worked on since the last update are:
Paper Bees by Level 1
They came out pretty stingy cute! Haha. 
Ice Cream Word Art by Level 2
Looks yummy enough to eat!
Hand Print Flowers 
with adjectives to describe each student. 
Some of the adjectives they used were: smart, funny, pretty, handsome, tall, short, loving etc.

One of my students raised his hand and asked,
"Teacher, how do you spell handsome? 
I am very handsome." 
Cuties.

More to come! 
Have a great week, everyone. 







No comments:

Post a Comment