Sunday, November 17, 2013

UPDATED: Super Teacher Smoothie

Previously, I wrote a blog post about a yummy smoothie recipe.
You can check that post out here. 
I've been consistently blending up smoothies for over a year now (mostly for breakfast) and my smoothie recipe changes based on what greens, fruits, and juices I have in the house.
One that I have been drinking lately is this recipe. It's super delicious!!

WHAT YOU WILL NEED
-a big handful of baby spinach

-3/4 cup of Trader Joe's Orange Peach Mango juice (if you can't find this, regular tangerine juice will do)

-1/4 cup of frozen pineapple (trader joe's sells frozen pineapple already cut up for $1.99 bag in the freezer aisle)

-half an apple (cut in half and preferably organic if you're not taking the skin off!)

-few ice cubes
-table spoon of chia seeds


WHAT TO DO
Put everything into a blender and blend for about a minute and you will get one delicious smoothie to start your morning off right. I usually have oatmeal or yogurt with the smoothie because as much as this smoothie is delicious it's not enough for someone like me who LOVES breakfast!!

Currently I am using a kitchen aid blender.
I have been for a while now and it's a great blender however, if you're looking into purchasing a blender, I would recommend the Nutribullet!
It's so easy to use and can take the cup right off the blender to go. It would even make a great Christmas gift for someone you know that is health conscience!

Stay warm everyone!

Love,
Ms. Kimpop

No comments:

Post a Comment